Diet and ovulation
According to university studies, the following health and nutrition tips contribute positively to the function of ovulation and fertility in general
1. Complex carbohydrates. Eat more complex carbohydrates and limit processed ones. Examples of complex carbohydrates are dairy (milk, yogurt), nuts, seeds and legumes, whole meal bread, pasta, fruits and vegetables. Examples of processed carbs that you should avoid are white bread, white rice and junk food.
2. Avoid trans fats and consume more unsaturated fats. Trans fatty acids are found mainly in margarine and other vegetable fats which have been processed (hydrogenation) as well as in all products in which vegetable fats have been used, such as baked goods and the majority of fast-food products. Instead, opt for vegetable oil such as seed oil and olive oil, which are high in unsaturated fats.
3. Prefer to get protein from plant foods (such as beans) and limit the consumption of red meat.
4. Avoid low-fat dairy products and prefer full-fat dairy products. Just reduce your consumption to 1 to 2 servings a day.
5. Consult your doctor or pharmacist and take dietary supplements containing folic acid (at least 400 micrograms) and iron (40-80 milligrams).
6. Limit excessive consumption of coffee, tea and alcohol. Cut out sugar and sugary drinks completely.
7. Maintain your weight so that your Body Mass Index is between 18.5 and 24.
8. Exercise 30-60 minutes every day.
See all of our blog posts, by clicking here.